The National Board of Catholic Women dates back to 1938, when three founder members, Catholic Women’s League, Union of Catholic Mothers and the now defunct Catholic Association of Girl’s organisations met to co-ordinate their activities at the request of the Bishops. In 1988 the NBCW was asked by Cardinal Hume to become more representative of Catholic women by not only conveying the views and concerns of women in the ‘Constituent Organisations’ to the Bishops’ Conference but also those not belonging to Organisations: each Diocese has appointed a ‘Diocesan Link’ to facilitate this Dialogue.
Shrewsbury Diocese Chaplain: Fr Simon O’Connor.
Shrewsbury Diocese Link: Mrs Hazel Dove, 14 Edmonton Road, Woodsmoor, Stockport SK2 5BG.
Tel: 0161-483 8200.